Energy Efficiency Assistance Program
A more energy efficient home uses less energy and can help lower your monthly bill. DTE Energy’s Energy Efficiency Assistance Program (EEA) partners with local Community Action Agencies and nonprofit organizations to help eligible customers* make energy-saving improvements to their existing homes at no cost.
The following services are available to qualified customers through approved weatherization agencies and other nonprofit organizations. Eligible customers* who wish to take advantage of these services are encouraged to contact a participating organization as soon as possible, as funding is limited and some organizations currently have wait-lists.
- EEA Home Performance Rebate Program: A certified professional auditor will conduct a comprehensive home energy audit to determine the most effective energy improvements for your home.
These may include:
- Installation of compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs
- Replacement of inefficient equipment, such as furnaces, with high-efficiency equipment
- Installation of attic, wall, mobile home belly or rim joist insulation
- Air sealing improvements to reduce infiltration
- Installation of programmable thermostats (gas heating only)
- Installation of domestic hot water savings measures
- Test and Tune-up Program: A specially-trained technician will perform a thorough cleaning and tune-up of your natural gas furnace or boiler, which is designed to help the system last longer and run more efficiently. DTE Energy may cover the cost of a replacement if a unit is deemed unsafe or unrepairable.
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Replacement Program: If your current refrigerator is manufactured before December 2000 or inefficient based on on-site testing, you may be eligible to receive a new ENERGY STAR certified replacement. Customers in multi-unit buildings are also eligible for this program.
The Energy Efficiency Assistance Program also works with community organizations such as local food pantries to distribute CFLs to eligible customers.
If you're having trouble managing you energy bill, find out how DTE Energy can help.
How do I enroll?
To enroll in this program, please contact a participating nonprofit organization or Community Action Agency. View this list*, to locate a participating organization that serves your area.
For more information about this program, please call 866.796.0512.
How can my organization participate?
If you represent a nonprofit organization or Community Action Agency that provides housing and weatherization services, email: DTE-EEA@icfi.com to learn how you can support the Energy Efficiency Assistance Program offered by DTE Energy.
*To qualify for Energy Efficiency Assistance, you must be eligible for the Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program and your household income must be at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.